Plaza de Blas Infante
- The Moorish fortress or Alcazar rises above the Puerta de Sevilla, forming an almost impregnable defensive complex.
- It underwent major alterations in the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Restoration work carried out between 1973 and 1975 included the refurbishing of several sections as venues for staging cultural events.
|Points of interest|
- Keep: the tower is solid up to the level of the courtyard and its bossed ashlars remain intact.
- Tower of Gold: this tower provides a beautiful view over Carmona.
- Prisoners’ Hall: this is all that remains of the palace that stood inside the Alcazar.
- Patio of Cisterns: in the middle of this courtyard there is an underground cistern excavated in the rock and featuring six skylights.